Sunday, September 23, 2007

The escape from Error 403. And a blast into the past.

It would have been a bad day entry, but it ended well so I actually feel quite upbeat. Hm.

Anyway, on Friday I went to Mines to renew my YUMI* AE86 card. Now, when I bought the card (also at Mines), I already encountered Error 403 (rotten luck, but I was only buying the card, so no loss there :D). But this time around, the stakes are so much higher -_-

So I popped in the tokens for renewal, got my expired card out. And then I waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Then..

Error 403 =___________=;;;; with all the "unable to dispense the license card" explanation bla bla bla.

Uh oh, sounds bad right? The prospect of losing my data was staring right in my face.

Luckily for me, there was a technician who knew how to fix it. (I know how to as well in case he didn't, but it was very convenient that he knew everything from the start). And he helped to recover my data. Granted the other technician present ALMOST screwed up the process (T_T), but in the end it all was good :D and the renewal was good :D Recovery was a success. :D

The end result?



And before I forget, here's Yumi* in full colour. Taken with my Nokia 6300:

As for who is Yumi, let's just say she taught me some IDV2 basics back LONG ago. (Yes, GIRL tutoring ME a GUY -_-) My first mentor you could say :). Unfortunately she isn't, well...with us now if you know what I mean, so as a tribute. The avatar is based off what description I could get of her from some of my fellow ID friends.

Anyway, all's well that ends well. Good night.

No comments: