Friday, May 25, 2007

The LYN Nintendo DS Outing May Edition. And a FAQ to boot.



Figured that I should do some advertising for the outing. Anyways, this Saturday, we'll be having a Nintendo DS outing over at the McDonalds opposite Ikea. The meeting will start at 11am and will end at...well...when it'll end :p

Here's some Q&A :p

1) What do you guys do in the outing?
Play Multiplayer games such as Mario Kart DS, Clubhouse Games, Tetris DS, Metroid Prime Hunters, Ouendan/EBA/Ouendan 2 and more. You can also take this time to show off your l33t skillz. Of course, you can also show off your cool DS mods :p

2) I'm not a LowYat.Net member? Can I still come?
Of course. The more the merrier. Of course, sign up later for post-outing discussions! :p

3) Erm...my games are...you know la, not the "real" kind, so can I come?

Yes you can. We don't discriminate against "ahem" users.

4) I don't have a Nintendo DS but I'm interested. Can I still come?
Well, it might be a problem to find a spare DS/DS Lite for you, unless you plan to just come as an observer. Thankfully, yours truly will be bringing a spare DS Lite along on outing day :D In case we have visitors :D

5) Why the meeting end time is so uncertain?
This depends on location, and the outing goers' free time. We all can't sit inside some place till night right?

6) I'm staying quite far away, but since most multiplayer games have the Nintendo WiFi Connection, can I use that to communicate with you guys?
Unfortunately, the answer is no. The battery consumption is very painful so as a result we do not prefer to go on WFC during outings, especially since regular wireless eats into the battery already. Furthermore, I can confirm that McDonalds opposite Ikea DOES NOT have ANY WiFi whatsoever.

7) Any preparations if I'm coming?
Charge your DS/DS Lite. Very important. We don't want you to run outta power. Unless you bring your own charger coz most of us don't.

8) Any rules during multiplayer matches?
No rules. This is just a friendly meeting. However, I advise and stress that NO cheat devices be used in the outing. Don't spoil the fun of others. We are here to have fun, not rake in wins.

(As far as Mario Kart DS is concerned, ask first if it's a snaking match or not)

9) What about behaviour? Any rules on that?
Well...no. But I'd advise NOT to get over your head. We don't want to get kicked out of the place.

10) Can I come over to annoy you people?
If you're that annoying person(s), get a life. And as reveur said over at the tagbox: fags, mofos and idiots are not allowed.:P

Hope to see you guys there on Saturday :D

No comments: