Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Gaming Outing (or Initial D 4 ROX)

Having heard that Initial D 4 is out in Sunway, me and two of my friends checked it out at Sunway Pyramid. We went at around 12. That time there was no one playing Initial D 4 so there's me and my chance to play. So I created a card (RM18...OMFG). It is understandable considering it has 150 card plays, able to store 3 cars, and is solid. Meaning you can't destroy it unless you intentionally do so.

The card is better than Initial D 3's that's for sure. :D.

After buying the car, you pick your gender portrait (they are randomly generated, one male and one female), your name (up to 6 letters), your car and the colour of the car.

Here's the details of my card XD
Name: Kaze
Gender: Female (Note: shut up. And the female portrait generated for me looked far better)

Car: Mazda Efini RX-7 Type R (FD3S) (I have no intention to fill up the two empty slots as of posting)
Colour: Black

Then the game starts. There are only six tracks (Lake Akina, Myogi, Akagi, Akina, Irohazaka, Tsukuba). The story is animated and the voice acting is Japanese with English subs (this is the English version). And during gameplay you can actually hear them talk ala ID Special Stage for PS2. (can be turned off, I did because I found it annoying).

And the screen is widescreen. High definition drifting FTW.

The physics are changed completely. It almost mimics Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune, but on mountain courses. In fact, any ID3 skills don't work anymore. Back to square one I suppose. The difficulty is also ramped up. (I took several rounds to beat Takumi on Akina. Grrrrr.....).

In store battle mode works almost like the old ones, but I can't figure out how to turn the accept challengers on/off without going through the main menu.

At the end of the whole ID time, I managed to finish the Legend of the Streets mode once. The game is great but will take forever to adjust to.

Oh and being a new game, it attracts attention. Whoo! Especially in a battle. I racked up 2 wins XD. Blind attack = WIN :P

And while I was looking around, I saw Mario Kart Arcade GP! Not a bad game, and it was great to be able to play it again. I picked up a card as well.

The card is like Initial D 3's. But I picked it up anyway.

Details:
Name: tsukasa (hiragana spelling)
Driver (Kart) : Yoshi
Rank: Super Rookie :p

It's Mario Kart. In full arcade goodness. What else can I say :p But there is no one playing there so it wasn't so fun (they had 4 machines).

Other notable things:
- Seats near the Para Para Paradise machines. For who? Good question.
- 12 Initial D 3 machines. TWELVE! All of them Japanese. And yet hardly anyone plays them!
- Time Crisis 4 Deluxe cabinets. Whee! You don't see this everywhere. :D

The day was fun overall. :P Will definitely go back there soon :D

Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

Nicholas Leong said...

Sunway Pyramid still has an arcade?! :P

Hrmm..and you are displaying your inner desires to switch side..

Cyan Starr @ Phoenix_Cypher_K1 said...

Oh i do? :p Hm....

mr-penman said...

I sensed treachery...

let's get him, nick!