Thursday, June 21, 2007

LYN Nintendo DS June Meetup

[Bumped up once]

We interrupt the regular scheduled programming for a special news bulletin :D


It's the official LowYat.Net Nintendo DS Gathering June Edition. It's on this Saturday the 23rd.

Click HERE to go to the discussion thread over at LYN forums :D

As usual the FAQ in case ANYONE missed it.

1) Where in Times Square? SO BIG LA!
10th floor food court, same as IMAX. Take the lift at the far left end (Borders side)

2) Why there and not (location X)?
It's always good to know that Times Square is massively crowded on weekends EXCEPT for the upper levels. (Because except for IMAX, it is deserted). And lo and behold the food court is located at the upper levels.

3) What do you guys do in the outing?
Play Multiplayer games such as Mario Kart DS, Clubhouse Games, Tetris DS, Metroid Prime Hunters, Ouendan/EBA/Ouendan 2 and more. Take this time to show off your l33t skillz. No cheating pls -_-

4) I'm not a LowYat.Net member? Can I still come?
Of course. The more the merrier. Of course, sign up later for post-outing discussions! :p

5) Erm...my games are...you know la, not the "real" kind, so can I come?
Yes you can. We don't discriminate against "ahem" users. (Original zealots, STFU)

6) I don't have a Nintendo DS but I'm interested. Can I still come?
Well, it might be a problem to find a spare DS/DS Lite for you, unless you plan to just come as an observer. I *might* bring the spare I had, but due to technical issues with it (Hint:R button) I might not.

7) Any preparations if I'm coming?
Charge your DS/DS Lite. Very important. We don't want you to run outta power. Unless you bring your own charger (and find a power outlet) coz most of us don't.

8) Why the meeting end time is so uncertain?
This depends on location, and the outing goers' free time. We all can't sit inside some place till night right? (Actually some can :D)

9) I'm staying quite far away, but since most multiplayer games have the Nintendo WiFi Connection, can I use that to communicate with you guys?
I'll shorten last month's FAQ answer: No because of battery consumption issues, and there is no WiFi at the location anyway.

10) Any rules during multiplayer matches?
No rules. This is just a friendly meeting. However, I advise and stress that NO cheat devices be used in the outing. Don't spoil the fun of others. We are here to have fun, not rake in wins.

(As far as Mario Kart DS is concerned, ask first if it's a snaking match or not)

11) What about behaviour? Any rules on that?
No. But I'd advise NOT to get over your head. We don't want to get kicked out of the place.

12) Why is the banner PINK?!
According to the creator, it is effective at warding off certain...things.

13) You make it sound like a ghost story.
-_- No.

Oh, and Reveur says that pwetty girls are invited :P

2 comments:

Pr1me_Minister said...

Ok. Since when you guys EVER played Metroid Prime Hunters during meetups?

Cyan Starr @ Phoenix_Cypher_K1 said...

Uhhh....UHHHHH.....

-_- Dunno.