Thursday, July 10, 2008

Differences.

Today, I met up with Zackler at Amcorp Mall. It's been a long, LONG time since I've seen him...close to probably a year now. I think the last time I saw him was eight months ago over a chance meeting in Sunway while playing ID4. (I could still remember tuning my 86 Trueno then). Amcorp has truly changed majorly since I was there..sure the ground floor looks pretty much the same..but as I head to the upper floors..the difference was simply too much.

Yes, the cafe is still there. Yes, Uncle Snacks is still there. Yes, the book rental shop is ALSO still there. But man has things changed. The cafe hasnt changed much honestly (I can see the back PCs still using the old stuff). Cheryl's working there now (although just on Thursday apparently)..and that just goes to show I haven't been completely forgotten :3.

Had a walk around Amcorp with Zackler, and talked with him a little over a drink at Uncle Snacks...well thanks mate, I sorta have an idea on what to do next. Hopefully it all just goes well...and if it doesn't, well I just got to keep on moving.

Next up was me going to MV for a bit, where then I by chance met up with a really old friend of mine, Lynn. Okay, maybe I was exaggerating a little but I guess it's been a long time. When I last saw her, she was slightly shorter than me, and now she's the same height :S, and now she's let her hair down completely.

It seemed just like yesterday when we chat about things...somehow it evokes memories of old..she's a whole lot different than before, seriously...before she used to crack jokes at every opportunity but now...she seemed pretty normal, very different. And the way she dresses changed too...it's always been something cute but now its just t-shirt and jeans...but of course, people change over the course of time, so I guess she's just now..different? Well at least she remembers me >_<...considering I don't have a lot of people remembering me :(

But it seems when I asked her the question of how was things with her boyfriend she quickly dodged it...as if she didn't want to talk about it. I was quick to catch on so I quickly changed the topic, but I can very well see she felt very distressed.

Sure enough, as we walked around Metrojaya for a little coz she wanted to have a look around at some things (and I was bored then so..)..it happened. She cried. Not a cry that would attract attention but it certainly got me worried...seeing I never saw her cry before..knowing her as a happy-go-lucky girl - but I guess even THAT changed too.

I'm not going to say what happened between her and her boyfriend (she says it's alright for me to blog about it, but I'd rather not)...but it wasn't a happy story that's for sure. I wasn't very pleased to see how such a happy girl that I know to change to such a pale shadow of herself..all within just 3 years. I told her to go on with life but it seems that she is struggling to get out of the shadow...I wonder what did her boyfriend do to her..seriously...it really hurts as a friend...to see another friend go down like that.

I spent some time with her in the arcade (she's a pretty good Outrun 2 player - and I didn't know she plays Time Crisis 4 too - tagged with her), and she was nice to spend me some games on Wangan Midnight Maxi Tune 3 (didn't want to but she insisted). Then I sent her off to the KTM train home before I made my way back too.

It was a good day in gaming perhaps (25 games to A2 for my R32)..but really, it got me wondering how much she's changed over the years. I guess that one incident really shook her till this day.

That's all for my blog post today.

No comments: