Saturday, July 5, 2008

New look :D

Well, there you have it. I figured it was time I changed my layout as I've been using the last one (the Bluebird one) for at least a year now. However, I will be the first to admit that I am no art designer, so I went over to Blogskins to look for a skin, and this was it.

I prioritized Clannad in my search, and it returned me two blogskins (one of which was this). This one looked pretty good, so I decided on this. The skin's name was "Eternally Divine", in which I included it into the blog name (hence "The Crystal Impulse [ver. Eternally Divine]). However, once I downloaded it, problems began to surface, and it wasn't for at least an hour that I realised that this blog skin needs to be used in the classic interface (the new one would just reject all the codes). It sounds simple, but then I'd realise I had to recopy ALL my widgets, from the tagboard, to the clock, and then the links again.

The most difficult part was the IMEEM music player on the sidebar. I had to crop it up to the sidebar's side (170 pixels), but the cropped look doesn't look very nice so I may remove it or replace it with a new song later. Also, I had hesitations on whether I wanted to re-add the Play-Asia ads (as I don't do reviews anymore), but for now I'll just keep it there in case I ever do a game review - I doubt so seeing I rarely touch my DS now.

I have realised the Blogger "bar" on top of the blog doesn't exist. It's part of the skin I guess. Also, the font is nice, but abit small...I might try fixing it up - but I think it looks pretty okay for now.

I've also copied over the links from the previous layout and added a few new ones. I have decided not to link any of my old reviews unlike the previous layout however - I've noticed my Nintendo WiFi Connector review being one reason why people come to my blog - which is nice.

As for WHY a Clannad skin? Well...coz I'm a pretty huge fan of Clannad ever since I've watched the anime last year. I kinda wished it was Kotomi and not Nagisa up there, but hey this is a fantastic skin nonetheless (The other blogskin did feature Kotomi - heck it actually featured all the other Clannad heroines, but I think this one is just fine). Overall, I say this blogskin is fantastic and credits to Jocelyn for making such a wonderful Clannad blogskin :)

Anyways I'm pretty tired from having to copy over and fix up the blog, so I'll sign off now.

Music: None. Yes, silence. Golden isn't it ;)

No comments: